The fiber reinforced material of KFRP Fiber-optic Cable Strength Member mainly including glass fiber and aramid fiber. Traditional glass fiber optical cable core has advantages of cheaper price, corrosion resistant, antistatic, but the smallest bending radius is big, low strength and modulus, and easy to break in the actual use. The new material of aramid fiber optical cable strengthen core has light weight, high strength and modulus, but the price is expensive, and the main source of aramid fiber isfrom abroad with limited q’ty, it is difficult to achieve widespread use, so the aramid fiber in the application of domestic optical fiber cable market has been confined to small area, and now, in order to meet the demands of domestic market development of optical fiber, our company keep researching and developing higher strength, higher toughness and lower cost of cable.
Fiber-optic Cable Strength Member Applications:
- Fiber-optic Cable
Fiber-optic Cable Strength Member Features:
- High tensile strength, high modulus, low heat conductivity, low stretch, low expansion, wide range of temperature settings.
- Insensitive to electric shock, suitable for the area with frequent lightning and raining.
- Free from chemical corrosion. Compared with metal wire,FRP rod eliminates harmful gas, which can negatively affect cables transmission quality, born chemically by metal and filling gel.
- Compared with metal wire, FRP is of high strength, low weight, excellent insulation and immune to electromagnetic interference.
- Optical fiber cables with FRP are available to be installed tight close to power wire and power units, perfectly insulated, free from induction current interference. The transmission efficiency can be improved accordingly.
- Smooth surface, stable sizes, easy processing and installation contribute to wide range of FRP strength member application.
Size in stock (can be customized if not in the list):
0,4mm – 2,3mm (length per spool = 50 km)
2,4mm – 4,5mm (lenght per spool = 25 km)
FRP vs Traditional Materials
At LEADFRP, we believe that fiber reinforced plastic (FRP) products are the choice of the future. Compared with traditional materials such as steel and aluminum, it has excellent performance and service life.
LEADFRP provides a series of high-strength fiber reinforced plastic products (FRP), which are designed and manufactured to provide long-lasting performance in highly corrosive environments, while having the advantages of light weight and high dielectric strength compared with traditional structural materials.
Since 2001, we have provided our customers with innovative, high-quality composite designs and materials through two strategic offices/factories located in the United States and China. It is here that we provide turnkey solutions to take your product from concept to design, to mold calculation, manufacturing, and finally to installation. [More about manufacturing]
We own 5 acres (20000 square metre) standard plants, 80 sets of advanced various manufacturing and machining equipments, 120 sets of assembly pultrusion production line, including one 1000 kN tensile strength machine and one 200 kN bending and torsion machine. We also can proceed basic property test of different kinds of composite insulation materials according to GB, ASTM, etc standards. Our products passed TUV Rheinland type test and UL type test.
LEADFRP strictly carry out standardized, scientific and normalized management mode. We fully implement ISO9001 quality management system, ERP managing system and 6S management mode through the whole service cycle of contract signing, production, process inspection, finished product ex-factory, after-sales service, which outstandingly reflect ‘Quality is the Life of Enterprise’. We have ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001 identification.
Technology in LEADFRP
Pultrusion, all Moulding type, Laminating, Casting Forming.
Food Grade, Flame Retardant, Conductive Type, anti-Corrosion, High Strength, Specific Surface.
Epoxy, Polyester, Phenolic, Polyurethane, Acrylic, Polystyrene, Polypropylene, Polyethylene.
Carbon, E-Glass, ECR Glass, AR-Glass,Tow, Veil mats, Woven fabrics, Chopped strand mat.
Glassfiber, Polyester, Special Type
We recommend referring to RAL color standard
Research and Development
With a 10,000 sqft R&D laboratory and full-time R&D staff, LEADFRP can perform most testing procedures, material qualifications and quality experiments. These resources provide LEADFRP, its customers and suppliers technical expertise that is unmatched in the composite industry. The following is a summary of LEADFRP’s technical capabilities.
- Decades of experience in mechanical testing of common to exotic reinforcements.
- Deflection testing a composite crossarm.
- Composites analysis capabilities including Finite Element and Classical Laminated Plate Theory using in-house generated lamina data.
- Rapid Prototyping: In-house 3D printing capabilities offer R&D lab the ability to quickly create test fixtures and concept prototypes.
- Dedicated laboratory pultrusion machine managed and operated by a full time Research and Development Engineer and dedicated machine operator.
- Competency in conducting Design of Experiments to reduce testing time.
- Material testing machines capable of loads as high as 220,000 lbs-force.
- Full Scale Testing Machine: 3-Point Bend Test Machine capable of applying loads up to 30,000 lbs-force on 22-foot clear spans.
- Environmental Chamber for elevated temperature coupon testing.
- Weatherometer and material conditioning capabilities including programmable UV, temperature and condensation.
- Laboratory machine shop to prepare ASTM test coupons and custom test specimens.
- Custom design and testing capabilities, including custom fixture design and setup, custom laminate designs and access to our in-house machine shop to fabricate test fixtures.
- Dedicated environmentally controlled Mechanical Test Lab. Dedicated environmentally controlled Electrical Test Lab.
- Rheology/DMA to determine glass transition temperature and other viscoelastic properties of resin mixes as well as solid composites.
- Viscosity and cure (210°F gel) testing capabilities for neat resins and resin mixes.
- Color matching capabilities for resins, finished pultrusions and topcoats.