power pole is designed using various glass fiber reinforcements including a multi-directional glass fabric that provides strength along both the longitudinal and transverse axis.
An internal foam core combines with the high tensile strength of the composite to give the power poles excellent performance when subject to vertical and lateral loads. The pole was developed over a number of years with assistance from electric power utilities. power pole is tapered and pass the required ASTM D1036 cantilever strength test.
LEADFRP power poles are aesthetically pleasing, corrosion resistant and do not rust or decay. The poles have a smooth exterior surface and can be supplied in a variety of colors. The poles are uniformly tapered and multi-sided.
Power Pole Applications:
- Distribution Line
- Lightning Pole
Power Pole Features:
Lightweight and inherently low in conductivity, LEADFRP power pole are safer than poles made of other materials. Linemen benefit from a lower risk of lifting-related injuries and from the pole’s low electrical conductivity property value. Fiberglass power poles can also be more safely erected in the vicinity of energized lines and lifted between conductors on existing structures.
Composite poles are very durable under harsh handling conditions and can be handled according to the ASCE guidelines used for steel poles.
LEADFRP poles are relatively maintenance free. The poles are resistant to corrosion, acids, water intrusion, fire, temperature changes, microorganisms, insects and birds. LEADFRP poles do not, therefore, require the inspection and treatment program that wood poles require.
Fiber reinforced polymer poles have low conductive properties and have been employed in “live-line” construction. The power pole is grounded using the same practices as wood poles.
Depending on the extent of damage, composite poles can be repaired in the field by personnel with the proper training and materials.
Power Pole Specifications:
Customized according to customer needs
At LEADFRP, we believe that fiber reinforced plastic (FRP) products are the choice of the future. Compared with traditional materials such as steel and aluminum, it has excellent performance and service life.
LEADFRP provides a series of high-strength fiber reinforced plastic products (FRP), which are designed and manufactured to provide long-lasting performance in highly corrosive environments, while having the advantages of light weight and high dielectric strength compared with traditional structural materials.
Since 2001, we have provided our customers with innovative, high-quality composite designs and materials through two strategic offices/factories located in the United States and China. It is here that we provide turnkey solutions to take your product from concept to design, to mold calculation, manufacturing, and finally to installation. [More about manufacturing]
We own 5 acres (20000 square metre) standard plants, 80 sets of advanced various manufacturing and machining equipments, 120 sets of assembly pultrusion production line, including one 1000 kN tensile strength machine and one 200 kN bending and torsion machine. We also can proceed basic property test of different kinds of composite insulation materials according to GB, ASTM, etc standards. Our products passed TUV Rheinland type test and UL type test.
LEADFRP strictly carry out standardized, scientific and normalized management mode. We fully implement ISO9001 quality management system, ERP managing system and 6S management mode through the whole service cycle of contract signing, production, process inspection, finished product ex-factory, after-sales service, which outstandingly reflect ‘Quality is the Life of Enterprise’. We have ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001 identification.
Research and Development
With a 10,000 sqft R&D laboratory and full-time R&D staff, LEADFRP can perform most testing procedures, material qualifications and quality experiments. These resources provide LEADFRP, its customers and suppliers technical expertise that is unmatched in the composite industry. The following is a summary of LEADFRP’s technical capabilities.
- Decades of experience in mechanical testing of common to exotic reinforcements.
- Deflection testing a composite crossarm.
- Composites analysis capabilities including Finite Element and Classical Laminated Plate Theory using in-house generated lamina data.
- Rapid Prototyping: In-house 3D printing capabilities offer R&D lab the ability to quickly create test fixtures and concept prototypes.
- Dedicated laboratory pultrusion machine managed and operated by a full time Research and Development Engineer and dedicated machine operator.
- Competency in conducting Design of Experiments to reduce testing time.
- Material testing machines capable of loads as high as 220,000 lbs-force.
- Full Scale Testing Machine: 3-Point Bend Test Machine capable of applying loads up to 30,000 lbs-force on 22-foot clear spans.
- Environmental Chamber for elevated temperature coupon testing.
- Weatherometer and material conditioning capabilities including programmable UV, temperature and condensation.
- Laboratory machine shop to prepare ASTM test coupons and custom test specimens.
- Custom design and testing capabilities, including custom fixture design and setup, custom laminate designs and access to our in-house machine shop to fabricate test fixtures.
- Dedicated environmentally controlled Mechanical Test Lab. Dedicated environmentally controlled Electrical Test Lab.
- Rheology/DMA to determine glass transition temperature and other viscoelastic properties of resin mixes as well as solid composites.
- Viscosity and cure (210°F gel) testing capabilities for neat resins and resin mixes.
- Color matching capabilities for resins, finished pultrusions and topcoats.