SHEET PILING AND ROUND PILE
LEADFRP’s fiber reinforced polymer (FRP) sheet pile and round pile products are more corrosion resistant, easier to handle and can provide substantial cost-savings during shipping and installation than steel and conventional materials. LEADFRP is used in thousands of commercial and private projects.
As the largest FRP sheet pile profile currently produced, UltraComposite products are domestically produced and piles are typically delivered to job site with lead times much shorter than steel.
LEADFRP sheet piling is an efficient and environmentally friendly alternative to steel sheet piling in marine structures, flood walls, and seepage barriers. It’s the strongest, most durable composite sheet piling profile available and often specified for bulkheads in areas that require heavier loading support than vinyl.
Round Pipe Piles
With the low transportation and handling costs, and no maintenance expenses, LEADFRP pipe piles are used for docks, piers, foundations, dolphin pile structures, mooring poles and more. These piles offer higher performance, corrosion resistance, less environmental impact, and lower life-cycle costs than wood, steel, or concrete.
Sheet Piling and Round Pile Applications:
- Waterfront Infrastructure
Sheet Piling and Round Pile Features:
inherent corrosion resistance – no need for coating, or extra thickness, to prevent premature rust, or corrosion from abnormal pH levels, non-aqueous phase liquids and other corrosive chemicals
strength and durability – structural integrity similar to steel allowing for tie-back systems, and retained performance across a wide temperature range
extended lifetime – no material breakdown over time result sin a virtually permanent solution
reduced associated life-cycle costs – virtually maintenance free performance and, up to 70% lighter than steel affording potential cost savings on transportation
Sheet Piling and Round Pile Specifications:
Customized according to customer needs
At LEADFRP, we believe that fiber reinforced plastic (FRP) products are the choice of the future. Compared with traditional materials such as steel and aluminum, it has excellent performance and service life.
LEADFRP provides a series of high-strength fiber reinforced plastic products (FRP), which are designed and manufactured to provide long-lasting performance in highly corrosive environments, while having the advantages of light weight and high dielectric strength compared with traditional structural materials.
Since 2001, we have provided our customers with innovative, high-quality composite designs and materials through two strategic offices/factories located in the United States and China. It is here that we provide turnkey solutions to take your product from concept to design, to mold calculation, manufacturing, and finally to installation. [More about manufacturing]
We own 5 acres (20000 square metre) standard plants, 80 sets of advanced various manufacturing and machining equipments, 120 sets of assembly pultrusion production line, including one 1000 kN tensile strength machine and one 200 kN bending and torsion machine. We also can proceed basic property test of different kinds of composite insulation materials according to GB, ASTM, etc standards. Our products passed TUV Rheinland type test and UL type test.
LEADFRP strictly carry out standardized, scientific and normalized management mode. We fully implement ISO9001 quality management system, ERP managing system and 6S management mode through the whole service cycle of contract signing, production, process inspection, finished product ex-factory, after-sales service, which outstandingly reflect ‘Quality is the Life of Enterprise’. We have ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001 identification.
Research and Development
With a 10,000 sqft R&D laboratory and full-time R&D staff, LEADFRP can perform most testing procedures, material qualifications and quality experiments. These resources provide LEADFRP, its customers and suppliers technical expertise that is unmatched in the composite industry. The following is a summary of LEADFRP’s technical capabilities.
- Decades of experience in mechanical testing of common to exotic reinforcements.
- Deflection testing a composite crossarm.
- Composites analysis capabilities including Finite Element and Classical Laminated Plate Theory using in-house generated lamina data.
- Rapid Prototyping: In-house 3D printing capabilities offer R&D lab the ability to quickly create test fixtures and concept prototypes.
- Dedicated laboratory pultrusion machine managed and operated by a full time Research and Development Engineer and dedicated machine operator.
- Competency in conducting Design of Experiments to reduce testing time.
- Material testing machines capable of loads as high as 220,000 lbs-force.
- Full Scale Testing Machine: 3-Point Bend Test Machine capable of applying loads up to 30,000 lbs-force on 22-foot clear spans.
- Environmental Chamber for elevated temperature coupon testing.
- Weatherometer and material conditioning capabilities including programmable UV, temperature and condensation.
- Laboratory machine shop to prepare ASTM test coupons and custom test specimens.
- Custom design and testing capabilities, including custom fixture design and setup, custom laminate designs and access to our in-house machine shop to fabricate test fixtures.
- Dedicated environmentally controlled Mechanical Test Lab. Dedicated environmentally controlled Electrical Test Lab.
- Rheology/DMA to determine glass transition temperature and other viscoelastic properties of resin mixes as well as solid composites.
- Viscosity and cure (210°F gel) testing capabilities for neat resins and resin mixes.
- Color matching capabilities for resins, finished pultrusions and topcoats.