LEADFRP manufactures a wide variety of quality solid and hollow, standard sized and custom-shaped products such as FRP Strut. Profiles can be round, square, oval or a variety of custom shapes.
LEADFRP’s products is easier to design with, longer lasting and a safer product for the end user than with other alternative materials, like steel and aluminum. Because fiber material is lightweight and strong, it is often much more efficient than steel, aluminum or structural timber. FRP is up to 75% lighter than steel, but just as strong.
A custom pultrusion is a pultruded product customized in one or more of the following ways to meet a customer’s specific requirements:
Shape: Virtually any constant cross-section part can be pultruded.
Reinforcements: Typical reinforcements are fiberglass or carbon fibers in multi-filament strands, mat, woven fabrics or stitched fabric. Other reinforcement types and forms are possible.
Composite Design: The selection of the resin mix, the type and form of reinforcements, and the placement of reinforcements within the composite are all ways a composite design can be customized.
FRP Strut in LEADFRP:
- Quality: All LEADFRP facilities operate under strict quality programs, are focused on continuous improvement and are ISO-9001 certified.
- Capability: Large parts or small, thick or thin, complex or simple, glass or carbon reinforcements (or both) – if it can be pultruded, we can do it! LEADFRP has been pultruding custom shapes since 1956.
- Capacity: More than 60 machines and the ability to expand quickly assure manufacturing flexibility and no capacity constraints.
- Structural/Mechanical Engineering: LEADFRP has multiple registered professional structural engineers on-staff to help you design a part, system of parts, or structure that utilizes custom pultruded components. LEADFRP utilizes both mechanical and structural CAD detailing. Finite Element Analysis (FEA) is used when appropriate.
- Chemical/Process/Composites Engineering: LEADFRP has experienced engineers to help you tailor the reinforcement design and resin system to meet your requirements – and to advise you how to optimize the part for low cost production.
- Laboratory: All LEADFRP facilities operate under strict quality programs, are focused on continuous improvement and are ISO-9001 certified.
- Machine and Tooling Design and Construction: Large parts or small, thick or thin, complex or simple, glass or carbon reinforcements (or both) – if it can be pultruded, we can do it! Strongwell has been pultruding custom shapes since 2001.
FRP Strut Product Range:
- Large to Small
Strongwell produces very large parts to very small parts. Parts can be produced in any transportable length.
- Thick to Thin
Strongwell can manufacture thin-walled profiles with wall thicknesses under .070″ (1.78 mm). Parts can also be as thick as 2″ (50.8 mm) or more.
- Complex to Simple
Pultrusions range from multi-cavity, thin-walled, close tolerance parts to simple strips, angles or tubes.
Core materials include aluminum or steel, foam, wood, polyethylene and others.
Size in stock (can be customized if not in the list):
All our current FRP Strut are customer-specific molds. You can send us your ideas or drawings for improvement.
FRP vs Traditional Materials
Traditional building materials have their place. But for harsh, corrosive environments, FRP is a smart choice. Here’s how FRP compares to several traditional options
At LEADFRP, we believe that fiber reinforced plastic (FRP) products are the choice of the future. Compared with traditional materials such as steel and aluminum, it has excellent performance and service life.
LEADFRP provides a series of high-strength fiber reinforced plastic products (FRP), which are designed and manufactured to provide long-lasting performance in highly corrosive environments, while having the advantages of light weight and high dielectric strength compared with traditional structural materials.
Since 2001, we have provided our customers with innovative, high-quality composite designs and materials through two strategic offices/factories located in the United States and China. It is here that we provide turnkey solutions to take your product from concept to design, to mold calculation, manufacturing, and finally to installation. [More about manufacturing]
We own 5 acres (20000 square metre) standard plants, 80 sets of advanced various manufacturing and machining equipments, 120 sets of assembly pultrusion production line, including one 1000 kN tensile strength machine and one 200 kN bending and torsion machine. We also can proceed basic property test of different kinds of composite insulation materials according to GB, ASTM, etc standards. Our products passed TUV Rheinland type test and UL type test.
LEADFRP strictly carry out standardized, scientific and normalized management mode. We fully implement ISO9001 quality management system, ERP managing system and 6S management mode through the whole service cycle of contract signing, production, process inspection, finished product ex-factory, after-sales service, which outstandingly reflect ‘Quality is the Life of Enterprise’. We have ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001 identification.
Technology in LEADFRP
Pultrusion, all Moulding type, Laminating, Casting Forming.
Food Grade, Flame Retardant, Conductive Type, anti-Corrosion, High Strength, Specific Surface.
Epoxy, Polyester, Phenolic, Polyurethane, Acrylic, Polystyrene, Polypropylene, Polyethylene.
Carbon, E-Glass, ECR Glass, AR-Glass,Tow, Veil mats, Woven fabrics, Chopped strand mat.
Glassfiber, Polyester, Special Type
We recommend referring to RAL color standard
Research and Development
With a 10,000 sqft R&D laboratory and full-time R&D staff, LEADFRP can perform most testing procedures, material qualifications and quality experiments. These resources provide LEADFRP, its customers and suppliers technical expertise that is unmatched in the composite industry. The following is a summary of LEADFRP’s technical capabilities.
- Decades of experience in mechanical testing of common to exotic reinforcements.
- Deflection testing a composite crossarm.
- Composites analysis capabilities including Finite Element and Classical Laminated Plate Theory using in-house generated lamina data.
- Rapid Prototyping: In-house 3D printing capabilities offer R&D lab the ability to quickly create test fixtures and concept prototypes.
- Dedicated laboratory pultrusion machine managed and operated by a full time Research and Development Engineer and dedicated machine operator.
- Competency in conducting Design of Experiments to reduce testing time.
- Material testing machines capable of loads as high as 220,000 lbs-force.
- Full Scale Testing Machine: 3-Point Bend Test Machine capable of applying loads up to 30,000 lbs-force on 22-foot clear spans.
- Environmental Chamber for elevated temperature coupon testing.
- Weatherometer and material conditioning capabilities including programmable UV, temperature and condensation.
- Laboratory machine shop to prepare ASTM test coupons and custom test specimens.
- Custom design and testing capabilities, including custom fixture design and setup, custom laminate designs and access to our in-house machine shop to fabricate test fixtures.
- Dedicated environmentally controlled Mechanical Test Lab. Dedicated environmentally controlled Electrical Test Lab.
- Rheology/DMA to determine glass transition temperature and other viscoelastic properties of resin mixes as well as solid composites.
- Viscosity and cure (210°F gel) testing capabilities for neat resins and resin mixes.
- Color matching capabilities for resins, finished pultrusions and topcoats.